Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Darkness at the edge of town....5 hours to be exact!

Yesterday It was a very windy afternoon gusting upwards to 90 kph...and we lost our power...for the first time in a few years which lasted for 5 hours forcing us to be resourceful and creative.


I had tea lights and tapers and fortunately some kitchen matches.


Mr. HB is handy with an axe...


and he can build a great fire!
I was wearing my Eddie Bauer down jacket for a few hours...and wooly socks too!


I have the vintage phone that is good when the power fails...and good because...we ordered in..


A pizza for dinner


and while we waited we had a cocktail!
We played Trivial Pursuit on Mr. HB's IPhone (he won!)


We had a flashlight that we could crank, a radio too, but it only had a few stations and not the ones we like to tune in to.
IT'S A SIGN!
we need to get ourselves disaster ready!

I have cornered the market on candles
we have a Honda generator
a propane BBQ
bottled water
several flashlights
a medical kit

and we live in an active earthquake zone so we should be able to be self sufficient for a minimum of 3 days...

Are you prepared?

I think that we are so much better prepared when we are on the boat, we need to be as our lives depend on it...so why do I think we can be less prepared when we are in our Bungalow in the city?

This might just be a wake up call!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar