I want to be a better listener. I am already pretty good but I want to hone those skills so that I can hear people's stories and be worthy of the sharing.
In the beginning of our relationship, I think my ways of getting personal made the Boy Scout uncomfortable. He's an extrovert that can flit from this to that and as long as everyone in the room seems happy, he's pretty comfortable, and people love him. I am built quite different. Let me sit down with a single person, almost anyone, and have them really tell me about themselves and I am at home. I will ask some personal questions but only if the sharing has begun and if the person seems open to it.
Admittedly he has changed in the last couple of years and his fears of being vulnerable and digging deeper have lessened but we are built different. Neither wrong or right, just different. There's a place for both of us.


0 Yorumlar