![]() |
| Wind speed just before 10am this morning : only 46 mph but gusting to 80mph makes life "interesting" |
That was a lively night... not sure what official figures were for wind speeds but it was blooming windy! However in daylight I can see the roof is still on the house and all seems to be OK. Though I've not set foot outside the door yet as it's still gusting to 80mph! A neighbour drove past and said all looked OK from the outside so that's encouraging. Hoping hens have the sense to huddle indoors.
Button decided she was desperate to go out at 6.30 am. She crawled out on her tummy almost, went round the corner of the porch and was back in double quick time, meowing VERY loudly, outraged at the wind. She wasn't the only one!
I started out trying to sleep on the sofa as I thought it would be quieter. However this is where Madam Button often sleeps and she wouldn't settle so in the end I retreated to my own bed. But at 5 am the noise was too much and Button agreed to share the sofa with me.
Power is on, house is warm, I have broadband and telephone. Radio transmitter is off but I can listen online so that's fine.
Feel much better in daylight. At night all you can hear is the roar of the wind, tearing at the house, screaming round the windows trying to find a way in. Pushing at doors so they rattle on their hinges. It feels like the Big Bad Woolf in the story of the Three Little Pigs. "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" I could feel the house shaking - I kept telling myself it has stood here since 1860 and has weathered many a storm.
Ah well - the wind is supposed to calm down a bit later before getting up again tonight. Hoping I can get out and take a look at the hens but we'll see. They'll survive without me I'm sure!


0 Yorumlar